Foreign Bank Account Reporting Requirements

Any individual or business with assets north of US $10,000 must annually declare holdings to the feds. It’s known as the Foreign Bank Account Report. If you’re unfamiliar with FBAR rules and regulation, contact our team. We’ll walk you through the process and develop a plan to make amends for delinquent reporting requirements.

Get In Touch »


Lawyer Blog: FBAR

FBAR Violation

Taxpayers with overseas accounts with a cumulative total of $10,000 or more must adhere to FBAR reporting rules. Discussion of FBAR standards.

Read »
cryptocurrency law: FBAR considerations

Must You Declare Foreign Crypto Holdings?

A lot of people have been asking: Must I declare crypto holdings sitting in overseas exchanges and wallets? Jump in to explore the issue.

Read »
Tax and Internet Law Blog: FBAR case

Jail Sentence For Swiss Account “Tax Dodger”

People and businesses with overseas holdings totaling more than $10,000 must file FBAR tax paperwork. Failing to do so can lead to jail.

Read »
chicago tax lawyer: FBAR assistance

FBAR: What You Need To Disclose To The IRS?

The Internal Revenue Service requires individuals and businesses to disclose foreign asset holdings yearly. Are you compliant?

Read »
Chicago Law Blog: Hiding assets from the IRS

Hiding Assets From The IRS: Penalties

Hiding assets from the Internal Revenue Service is never, ever a good idea. But if it happens, there are ways to come clean without incurring criminal penalties.

Read »
Chicago Law Blog: Tax Law Help

The IRS Found My Foreign Holdings: Now What?

If you have money or material holdings in a foreign country, the IRS wants to know about it. And if you don't tell, the consequences can be catastrophic.

Read »
Chicago Tax Lawyer Blog: FBAR Disclosures

Consequences of FBAR Non-Compliance

Anyone with more than $10,000 in overseas assets must comply with Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts Reporting (FBAR) regulations.

Read »
Chicago Law Blog: Foreign Disclosures

Foreign Disclosures & Tax Law

Do you have more than $10,000 in overseas financial holdings? If so, the U.S. government requires you to report their value and standing annually.

Read »
Chicago Law Blog: FBAR reporting

When Do You Have To File An FBAR?

People who have $10,000 or more in foreign holdings must submit foreign financial holding reports, to the U.S. government, on an annual basis.

Read »